To help expand a reliable and sustainable base of hydrometeorological data and information services in support of informed decision and policy-making in water management.
- Enhance and sustain efficient and innovative hydrological monitoring systems around the world.
- Foster the use of hydrometeorological data for evidence based policy and decision making in support of Integrated Water Resources Management and Disaster Risk Reduction, especially in transboundary settings.
- Facilitate the modernization and improvement of operational hydrology through operational uptake of innovative hydrometric technologies and services by National Meteorological and Hydrological Services.
To help achieve these objectives, the Global Hydrometry Support Facility is comprised of the following main components:
Our Strategic Priority Areas
- Building Hydrological Monitoring Capacity
- Embedding Innovation in Hydrometry
- Enabling Hydrological Data Sharing
- Connecting the Global Water Monitoring Community
- Providing a Global Focal Point for Hydrometry
Read the full WMO HydroHub Strategic Plan 2018-2020 (PDF).
Read the WMO HydroHub Innovation Strategy 2018-2020 (PDF).
Advisory Council: Currently consists of 9 Members.
Innovation Committee: Currently consists of 13 Members.