Submission Deadline: 31 March 2023
WMO, UNEP, UNESCO, WWQA, JRC and IAEA are soliciting proposals for challenges to accelerate innovation in water quality monitoring and assessment. The selected challenges will be put forward at the upcoming Innovation Workshop on Water Quality Monitoring & Assessment, taking place in September 2023 (the exact dates and place will be communicated in early May).
Innovation Workshop on Water Quality Monitoring & Assessment
The Innovation Workshop on Water Quality Monitoring & Assessment, organized by World Meteorological Organization (WMO), United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and World Water Quality Alliance (WWQA), co-organized with and supported by the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre (JRC) and in partnership with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), will take place in September 2023, in a hybrid format (the exact dates and place will be communicated in early May).
The key focus areas of the workshop are:
- Crowdsourcing for water quality monitoring and assessment (including associated uncertainties);
- Acceptance and integration of water quality data from non-traditional data sources (e.g., citizen science, remote sensing, modelling);
- Low-cost methodologies to monitor and assess water quality;
- Integrated spatial, geophysical, and ground measurement to monitor and assess water quality;
- Methods of data exploration and visualization.
The workshop will include presentations, pitches and/or panel discussions on the operational challenges and needs as well as existing and potential innovative approaches and solutions. The workshop will also include collaborative working sessions aiming at:
- Refining and narrowing down the challenges selected through this Call;
- Exploring and defining innovative ideas and solutions to address these challenges;
- Exploring and defining a way forward for the implementation of the identified innovative ideas and solutions.
More information on the Workshop is available here.
Open Call for Innovation Challenges on Water Quality Monitoring & Assessment
In this “Open Call for Innovation Challenges”, we are soliciting proposals for challenges to be put forward at the workshop, in order to accelerate innovation in water quality monitoring and assessment.
The deadline for the submission of the proposals is the 31 March 2023.
More information on the Open Call and on how to submit your Innovation Challenge is available below.