Projects to be funded should have wide geographical applicability, while demonstrating benefits in low to middle income countries (Least Developed Countries and Small Island Developing States will, however, be given preference in the evaluation process). The proposals should address one or more of the following Technical Challenges:
- Improved measurement of floods using non-contact technologies
- Expansion of localized hydrometric equipment supply and maintenance opportunities through open-design, distributed manufacturing and new calibration tools
- Increased accuracy and reliability of river discharge measurement in vegetated channels
- Integration of new data sources into operational hydrometric monitoring (e.g. earth observation data, citizen science monitoring, research or private sector data)
- Advanced quality control practices and tools for hydrometric data management, including through use of Artificial Intelligence.
The Terms of Reference (ToRs) are available here.